Preparation Time: 10 minutes or less if you by everything ready chopped like I do!
Cooking Time: approximately 40 minutes
Serves: 6-8 people
- Chicken – approx 1 – 1.5kg chicken (breast, thighs or legs – I use chicken breast)
- Peppers – I use 2-3 mixed peppers
- Oil – I use coconut oil spray
- Cinnamon Stick – 2″ piece
- Cloves – 5
- Whole Black Peppercorn – 1/2 tsp
- Bay Leaf – 1 large
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Fennel Seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 5 large sprigs
- Onions – 2 1/2 large, sliced – I use frozen ready chopped
- Ginger – 2 tbsp, minced – I use a frozen cube
- Garlic – 2 tbsp, minced – I use a frozen cube
- Green chilies – to taste, chopped – I use 8-10 for this amount
- Salt – to taste
- Tin tomatoes – 1/2 – 1 tin (depending on how much sauce you would like in it)
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Tumeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Tandoori powder – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – to taste – I use /2 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice – 1/2 lemon
- Fresh coriander – to taste – I use a good handful
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pan
2. Add whole spices (except Fennel Seeds) and stir for 1 minute
3. Add fennel seeds and stir for another 30 seconds
4. Add curry leaves and cook for 2 minutes
5. Add onions, a little salt and cumin powder and cook for a few minutes until translucent
6. Add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Stir frequently and cook until onions caramelise (approximately 12-15 minutes).
7. Add tin tomates and dried spices – paprika, tumeric and tandoori powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add chicken and salt. Mix well, cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink on the inside (approximately 15 minutes). Stir frequently
9. Once the chicken is cooked, add the peppers and remove the lid and continue to cook until the chicken is lightly browned and oil starts to release (approximately 10 minutes).
10. Add garam masala and mix for 1 minute.
11. Add fresh lemon juice and coriander. Simmer for a final 2 minutes.
12. Serve hot with:
- Carbohydrate options: wholemeal pitta bread, wholemeal wrap, wholemeal roti or wholegrain rice
- Low carbohydrate options: quinoa, cauliflower rice, salad or steamed vegetables
A bit more about working with me:
If you would like to review some recent transformation head to www.preafitness.com/transformations including Darren who reversed medical conditions in just 6 months through working online with me (Personalised Training and Nutritional Plan Elite Level).
Alternatively, you may want to consider my Lifestyle Breakthrough plan which is a 6 week plan designed to help you condition new habits more about this:
If you would like to see what my clients say about me head to www.preafitness.com/testimonials
Of course, if you would like to hear more from me and see more of my day to day life feel free to:
- Follow me on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/preafitness/
- Like me on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/PreaFitness/
- Follow me on Twitter – https://twitter.com/PreaFitness