Recipe: Gooey Chocolate Muffins
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: approximately 30 minutes
Serves: makes 4 muffins as pictured
- 3 tablespoons water
- 45ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 30g oat flour
- 10g almond flour
- 20g protein powder (I used Choc Brownie – click for info)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 90g pumpkin puree – tinned (not pumpkin pie mix)* – YES, pumpkin puree!
- 5g honey (I used honey) or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Coconut oil spray
- 20g dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips/nuts/dried fruit/frozen fruit – whatever you wish; macronutrients will vary)
Makes 4 muffins as pictured:
- Calories: 444 calories
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbs: 39.2g
- Fats: 19.6g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and coat a small muffin cases with coconut cooking spray
- In a large bowl, add the oat flour, almond meal, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt; mix together.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, honey, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, water and almond milk. Add 10 sprays of coconut oil. Then whisk until thoroughly combined, making it as smooth as possible.
- Mix all the ingredients together then and in the chocolate chunks or chocolate chips or nuts or dried fruit; fold them in slowly.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way full then bake in the oven for approx 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean from the center. Serve them hot, warm or cold; I like them warm.
I hope you enjoy and be sure to let me know when you try them 🙂
A bit more about working with me:
If you would like to review some recent transformation head to www.preafitness.com/transformations including Darren who reversed medical conditions in just 6 months through working online with me (Personalised Training and Nutritional Plan Elite Level).
Alternatively, you may want to consider my Lifestyle Breakthrough plan which is a 6 week plan designed to help you condition new habits more about this:
If you would like to see what my clients say about me head to www.preafitness.com/testimonials
Of course, if you would like to hear more from me and see more of my day to day life feel free to:
- Follow me on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/preafitness/
- Like me on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/PreaFitness/
- Follow me on Twitter – https://twitter.com/PreaFitness